Saturday 11 June 2011

Nerf Maverick REV-6 (Sonic series) Re-review

The Nerf Sonic series is simply a set of blasters which have been made in a translucent green shell. They are generally exclusives.
This is a semi review, and is quite short since I've already covered the Maverick as a blaster here.
In my previous review, I stated that the Mav gets around 7-9m range. My new Sonic one, without mods, successfully gets 10m with Suctions.

I also feel the Mav is extremely comfortable to hold, and because there's no major painting, there's no fear of rubbing away the Mav's looks.

For some reason, my Sonic Mav is easy to rapid fire, easily achieving a ROF of 3 d/s

All in all, I feel this new Mav is better than all others I've used. Also, I got mine for 12 AUD - $15 standard price, 20% coupon.
Again I still can't recommend the Mav simply because it is outclassed by the Spectre and Elite Strongarm.

Power: 3/7
Accuracy: 4.5/5
Value for Money: 4.5/5
Usefulness: 4/5
Rate of fire: 3/5
Overall: 3.63/5

Personal Rating: 3/5 - it's just a more colourful slightly better Maverick. Aaaand not any more.

Better looks, better performance.

I dare say I like this more than my Spectre. Not any more - I prefer the feel of the Spectre.

4 comments:

  1. This series is cool if you like the look, but have been proven to be out-performed by the standard yellow n strike series

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much meters does the whiteout maverick go?I'm getting one and don't know which series I should get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least 11m, but I don't know for sure. But I haven't found any W/O Mavs in a while. The double pack Mavs get the same range though.

      Delete